Project Location : Ankara / Turkey
Project Duration : 1 year (May 2005-2006)
Background Information: It is well known that the children and the adolescents are the main risk groups against various accidents that result with casualties and disabilities. The major risk groups in casualties are recorded to be children of ages between 7 to 10 and adolescents between 15 to 20 years. Providing an environment that is secure and has prevention measures for accidents should be a priority for today's societies since the habits adopted in early ages becomes a way of life within the following years.
• Dikmen Boys Orphanage and Education Center
• Etimesgut Fatma Ucer Boys Orphanage and Education Center
• Kecioren Ataturk Girls Orphanage and Education Center
• Seyranbaglari Girls Orphanage and Education Center
• Yeni Mahalle 50.Yil Orphanage and Education Center
Project Goal: To raise awareness among children and adolescents in taking responsibility of their own health by preventing themselves from accidents and to establish safe behavior patterns also by teaching them basic first aid techniques that can be used in daily life which may give them the chance to reduce casualties and disabilities.
Project Beneficiaries: 446 individuals, 335 being children and adolescents to the additional 111 personnel of the orphanages' staff, has benefited from the project.
• Cooperation has been established between the World Bank Project Office, the General Directorate of Social Services and Child Protection Agency , the orphanages participating to the trainings and IBC.
• A curriculum for the training program and training materials on “Safe Behavior and First Aid for Children and Adolescents” has been developed
• 11 trainings were given to 335 Children and Adolescents on safe behavior and first aid in 5 orphanages in Ankara .
• 5 trainings on safe behavior and first aid were given to 111 staff working in the 5 orphanages.
• Distribution of 420 copies of the previously prepared “First Aid Practical Guide Book” has been made.
• 44 copies of the “First Aid Practical Guide” were donated to the libraries of the orphanages.
|Contact Details:||Publications:||Katkıda Bulunan Kurumlar:|
|Dr. Gonul Demir, PhD
FIRST First-Aid Training Center
Tel: +90 312 440 44 39
Fax: +90 312 440 98 81
|Feedback Report ( pdf )
First-Aid Practical Manual ( pdf )
This project was implemented with the financial support of World Bank Smal Grants Program
This project was implemented with the financial support of FIRST First Aid Training Center.
Supporting Partners :
This Project was implemented with the support of Social Services and Child Protection Agency, Ankara City Branch.
|There are 3 more photos.. related to this project.|